Friday 15 March 2013

My Medication

I've developed an aid to explain to a patient with aphasia why it is important she takes her medication. The patient was not complying with medication and very frustrated about her lack of control in the hospital environment. I am working to ensure she understands more about her stroke and why she needs to be in hospital so that she will engage more with activities on the ward.


My Medication
Medication
Why I take it
CLOPIDOGREL
   
·     To prevent blood clots forming and to prevent another stroke.

AMLODIPINE
   
·     To control my blood pressure and prevent heart attacks.
RAMIPRIL
  
·     To reduce my blood pressure.
GLARGINE
  
·     To control my blood sugar (diabetes).
SIMVASTATIN

·     To prevent heart attack/ strokes by controlling my cholesterol.



No comments:

Post a Comment